Wednesday 22 July 2015

Nqobile is our #WCW

I met Nqobile when I was literally starting out my journey as an adolescent; I think I must have been 12 or 13 years old. The one thing that drew me close to her was her warmth. Nqobile as far back as I can remember had the kindest heart ever.

 You ever had a friend that seemed like they never wanted to go home; that for some odd reason they seemed to spend most of their time at your house? Well I was that friend. I didn’t care if she had to go to sleep, if she and her family had to go somewhere, I was always there like a terrible rash that refused to go away; look if you met her, you would know what I was talking about.

Apart from her being one of the sweetest people I had ever met, Nqobile is this week’s #WCW because of her unforgiving commitment to saving the world one helpless soul at a time. Her warm heart shines through in the projects she chooses to devote most of her time to, one of them being Project Help.  This organisation is geared towards helping NGO’s in and around greater Pretoria. They do this by organising fund raising events and driving awareness campaigns for community organisations. 



Well don’t take my word for it, and read about her in her own words below:

1)      What do you love most about your life?
Simply put the people in it. I am surrounded by the most amazing people from family, to friends, to colleagues and acquaintances. Each one plays such an incredible role in building my dreams and going through life on a daily basis.

2)      Do you believe in God, if so what does God mean to you?
Yes I do. I believe that He is my all and without Him I simply cannot be. God means to me the author and leader of my life and everything in it, He is my king and personal Lord and Saviour.

3)      What would you do if you weren’t afraid?
Quit my job and fully commit to my dreams to ensure they get fulfilled.

4)      What are you most insecure about?
It’s not all the time, but it does come time to time, it is how I portray myself in front of people.

5)      What do you know for sure?
I AM a conqueror!

6)      Who is your #WCW and why?
             This changes so often, but for this week I will say my cousin Bathabile Lekhuleni. I have picked her this week after some personal things she has and is going through but her strength and courage that she displays is completely admirable. If I am allowed tohave 2 WCW, my second one would be Phuti Mahanyele (featuring for the 3rd time now lol). After reading her feature on this month’s Destiny magazine, I could resonate a lot with her and through her story got encourage and re-evaluated some things in my life as well based on the advises spoken through her life story.

7)      What makes you proud to be a woman?
Women were chosen to bring forth life, not just naturally, but in everything they do, they have the ability to speak things into existence, bring life to any situation. Essentially, the power and strength within a woman is out of this world, all we need to do is to tap into this great resource and bring along change in our homes, societies, companies, businesses and ultimately the world. I am proud to be a woman because of the power God has instilled in me and has trusted me with.

8)      The one dream that scares you the most is:
...Being responsible for changing the world. This scares me because changing the world means somehow changing people in a way and that I can say for sure won’t be an easy task to do.

9)   If you could trade lives with any celebrity who it be and why?
     In all honesty there is no one. For the simple reason that no one person has been dealt the same deck of cards of life and furthermore, do not have the same capabilities to endure even the exact same life challenges and even joys. For what looks glamorous in another person, may be simply the tip of the ice berg of beneath all of that is some really heavy things that the person has had to go through and overcome. So I really wouldn’t even want to trade lives with anyone, even for one day.

10)   Are you happy with whom you are?

Absolutely! Once I recognised whom I am, my position in the world and the promise hanging over my life, because nothing can take that away from me, I have reached and maintained a level of contentment and I am at peace with who I am, where I am going and I am ecstatic about the woman I am becoming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment