Tuesday 14 July 2015

RPR Agency's #WCW is Molebogeng


Our very first #WCW hails all the way from Pretoria; her name is Molebogeng Maswabi. I met this phenomenal young lady in my high school years when I was 14 years old. Molebogeng had an energy about her that read “I have people to see, places to be in and things to do”. I remember thinking dear God how on earth can I get the same energy to make it through this stack of homework?

A lot has changed over 10 years for this young woman but one thing remains prevalent, her unending zest for life; and dare I say it is even “zestier” than I recall. Molebogeng has managed to graduate with a degree in Corporate Communication, along with that she belted an honours degree in Communication Science and Media Studies. She also holds a certificate in Thought Leadership from the Thabo Mbeki African Leadership Institute.

As if any of those weren’t enough to recognise why she is our #WCW; she went ahead and founded not one but two social development companies; that is the Fundisa Bonke Foundation and the Women’s Empowerment Network of South Africa (WENOSA). That should seal the deal for any doubters.



No longer is she driven by the “I have people to see, places to be in and things to do” energy, she is motivated rather by the “I am the change I want to see in the world” energy. She knows this and she lives by this truth. Here she is in her own words:

RPR:       What do you love most about your life?
M:         There are quite a number of things I love about my life – I’m blessed. However, what I love most about it is the divine purpose which it carries. It is through this purpose that my life is lived largely to make a meaningful difference in the life of the next person. This is also what fulfills me most.

RPR:       Do you believe in God, if so what does God mean to you?
M:          I believe in God. I would not be alive, nor be the person I am today had it not been for God. I often find it very difficult to describe what He means to me, because of the overwhelmingly profound role which He plays in my life. Simply put, ‘HE IS MY LIFELINE’.

RPR:       What would you do if you weren’t afraid?
M:          I’ve always been described as someone who’s brave. On that front, there’s very little I’m afraid of. If at all I wasn’t afraid of even the little, I’d ‘FLY’. By that I mean, I would conquer the world in a magnificent way. I’m working on this, every day. I dare you to ask me this question again five years from today. I’ll be telling you a different and more noteworthy story.

RPR:       What are you most insecure about?
M:          I find it amusing how I’m most insecure about what I am usually applauded for – and that is addressing large audiences. I’m enrolling with a public speaking forum during the coming months, as a means to develop my confidence in this regard, and overcoming this ridiculous insecurity.

RPR:       What do you know for sure?
M:          That I’m destined for greatness, and that by living out/demonstrating my greatness, millions of people across the globe will develop the confidence to live out theirs as well

RPR:       Who is your #WCW and why?
M:          My #WCW is my mother, whose strength and resilience challenges and inspires me to confidently tackle whatever challenge I encounter. She’s certainly a women I commend on many fronts, particularly for the distinguished, respectful and esteemed young woman I have grown to become

RPR:       What makes you proud to be a woman?
M:          My in-built power, which enables me to create, transform and nurture.

RPR:       The one dream that scares you the most is...
M:          Seeing the Women’s Empowerment Network of South Africa, for which I am the founding president, expand its reach into the rest of Africa, and potentially other continents.

RPR:       If you could trade lives with any celebrity who would it be and why?
M:          There’s NO celebrity I’d trade lives with. I’m content with my life.

RPR:       Are you happy with whom you are?

M:          I am happy. Because I am human, I have weaknesses and make mistakes. For this reason, I strive to improve my character daily, so as to become a far better person than the one I might have been yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment